more on TRUE and FALSE (side-comment)

Richard Harter rh at smds.UUCP
Sun Sep 30 11:38:45 AEST 1990

In article <5625 at stpstn.UUCP>, lerman at stpstn.UUCP (Ken Lerman) writes:

> Ugh, a ghastly solution.  The right way is to get some scotch (brand)
> tape and some punchings and tape the "bits" back in the holes.  (You
> may laugh, but I've seen people actually do this.  With binary
> (encoded) cards, no less.)

No, no, no, a thousand times no.  Scotch tape comes off and sticks in
the card reader.  Just put the chad (not bits) back in the holes and
smooth them down with a fingernail.  The "repaired" cards will last
indefinitely.

We now return to the 1990's.
--
Richard Harter, Software Maintenance and Development Systems, Inc.
Net address: jjmhome!smds!rh Phone: 508-369-7398