class ideas

Daniel E. Turk turk at andrews.edu
Thu Sep 13 06:56:01 AEST 1990

I am trying to get ideas for homework, projects, and examples for
several classes that I am teaching this year.  Your thoughts will
be greatly appreciated.  I have students ranging all the way from
college freshmen up through master's students.  The following are
the classes I'm doing (all are 1 quarter long):

	COSC 141 Intro to Computer Science
		- Freshman level
		- First class for CS majors
		- C language
	INSY 471 Data Structures
		- Senior level
		- Second data structures class (intro is COSC 142)
		- "language independent", but C is used for examples
	INSY 472 Data Base
		- Senior level
		- First class on database systems
		- Taught from a "hands-on", "practical", "user" point
		  of view, primarily for Information Systems majors
		  and Business majors.
	INSY 541, 542 Software Engineering
		- Masters level
	COSC 698 Object-Oriented Programming
		- Senior & Masters level
		- General OOP concepts
		- C++ language
		- Other languages as available

Thanks ahead of time.  I'm sure you all have great ideas for these types
of classes!

Daniel E. Turk                      |                  |  turk at andrews.edu
Andrews University                  |                  |
Computer Information Science Dept   |                  |
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0020 USA  |                  |    (616) 471-3426