TRUE and FALSE

George Turczynski george at hls0.hls.oz
Mon Sep 17 11:20:23 AEST 1990

In article <MCDANIEL.90Sep11124417 at dolphin.adi.com>, mcdaniel at adi.com (Tim McDaniel) writes:
> Ye gods, folks, get a clue!
>
> Felix Lee was indeed being ridiculous -- deliberately.  It is called
> "satire", a subclass of the class "joke".  Specifically, he was
> "making fun" of the whole TRUE/FALSE definition topic.  Trying to
> "optimize" those macros was itself a complete waste of time.

With all the nonsensical things that people post (some of which ARE in earnest)
one just can't tell what is foolishness and what is satire.  Some of it can't
be very good satire, else certain people wouldn't mistake it for foolishness :-)

If all such articles were taken as `satire', many people would go on blindly
using their sometimes questionable ideas.  Where would that leave them ?

I will, in future, be on the lookout for such satirical articles :-)

--
| Computer Systems Engineer.        | ACSnet: george at highland.oz | I can't speak for the |
| Highland Logic Pty. Ltd.          | Phone: +61 48 683490       | company, I can barely |
| Suite 1, 348-354 Argyle St        | Fax:   +61 48 683474       | speak for myself...   |