ANSI C questions (parameters, structure assignment)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Mon Sep 3 11:58:49 AEST 1990

In article <365 at saxony.pa.reuter.COM>, dgil at pa.reuter.COM (Dave Gillett) writes:
> Well, I don't consider the feature, or its implementation, well understood.
> (And since you failed to grasp the differences between CORRESPONDING and the
> semantics that "demon" turned out to actually have in mind,

Let's see "demon"'s own words, shall we?

demon>	It was intended that the assignement/operator would only be
demon>	performed on like structure elements, and only on elements
demon>	defined for the operater(s).

What exactly is the difference between this and CORRESPONDING that I have
failed to grasp?

(Explicitly defining "+" for the data type in question, using C++,
is undoubtedly a better approach.)
--
You can lie with statistics ... but not to a statistician.