Purchasing Turbo C++

Joel Garrett garrett at brahms.udel.edu
Sat Sep 22 00:43:20 AEST 1990

In article <15481 at shlump.nac.dec.com> reisert at ricks.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert) writes:
>Call Borland, the number I have is 1-800-331-0877.  Ask to talk to someone
>about software for educational institutions.  They'll probably tell you what
>you have to do.  One company I tried said you had to have a professor write
>a letter to Borland that says you're one of his/her students, then Borland
>would send you a coupon good for the eductational price of the software.  I
>never went through with it, and the reason escapes me.

FYI, I just called the above 800 number (evidently Borland's order number) and
asked about software for educational institutions.  The person at the other end
of the line took my name and address to send me complete information on
Borland's educational software discount program.

I didn't ask about student rates, but I did find out about staff/faculty
ordering instructions, as I am a staff member here, in addition to being a
part-time student.

For faculty and staff, you need to send your order in on departmental/university
letterhead in order to qualify and you HAVE to place your order by mail, they
will not do educational discount orders by phone (they use the letterhead as
proof of the fact that you work for the educational institution in question)

When I get the pricing/total information for the educational discount program
sometime next week, I'll post another followup if people are interested.  Please
send email to let me know if y'all are interested...

					Joel Garrett

					garrett at brahms.udel.edu

In add