Assignment in test: OK?

Robert Osborne robert at isgtec.uucp
Sat Sep 15 01:39:59 AEST 1990

In article <928 at hls0.hls.oz> george at hls0.hls.oz (George Turczynski) writes:
> [complains that Saber shouldn't warn about if( x = y ) that's what
>  lint is for.]
> Does Saber warn you that you might have mispelt a variable name ?  I doubt
> it.  It should only bother you with DEFINITE problems or things that it is
> unsure about.  Lint is for finding out more detailed, obscure and discrete
> problems.
One of the biggest advantages of Saber as a debugger is that you can modify
source and reload ONLY that source file (reloading a source file takes about
a second) and immediately start debugging again.  Since the first step of
any debug session should be to lint the source, the fact that Saber does
this is a HUGH advantage.

I don't understand why you don't like a debugging tool
with a built in lint?

Rob.
--
Robert A. Osborne   ...uunet!utai!lsuc!isgtec!robert or robert at isgtec.uucp