Catching ^C and ^Z

dcm dcm at toysrus.uucp
Thu Sep 6 01:11:11 AEST 1990

In article <Sep.5.01.20.23.1990.18603 at sparky.rutgers.edu> gaynor at sparky.rutgers.edu (Silver) writes:
>deen at utopia.rutgers.edu:
>
>SunOS signal(3):
>> SIGKILL   9    kill (cannot be caught, blocked, or ignored)
>> SIGSTOP   17   stop (cannot be caught, blocked, or ignored)
>
>Therein lies the incentive to capture the characters before a shell can see
>them.

	Exactly what characters are you talking about?  At least on the
	various Un*ces I've been on, *all* keyboard generated signals are
	catchable.   Signal(SIG_IGN) has always done the job for me...

	Why complicate things with ioctls?
--------
	Craig Miller, contractor @ IBM AWD, Austin  (I don't speak for IBM)
	UUCP: ..!uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!toysrus.austin.ibm.com!dcm

	"Just because it works doesn't means it's right, stupid!"
	"You should never install code you do not understand."
	"If you knowningly install broken code, you should be shot.  Period."
	"Programmers have to be accountable for their code."