'C' for CP/M

Charles Noren noren at dinl.uucp
Fri Sep 28 12:51:52 AEST 1990

In article <1150001 at hpcpbla.HP.COM> stevek at hpcpbla.HP.COM (Steve Krupa) writes:
>Does anyone out there have any info on 'C' compilers
>for CP/M 2.2 systems ?
>
>There used to be several available - in particular :
>
>   Aztec C from HiSoft
>   Eco C from ?

Ahhhh, the memories this brings back.
I first learned C on my old IMSAI-8080 that had CP/M 2.2 with BDS C.
I bought BDS C for (I think) $150 from Lifeboat Associates (can't
remember the phone #).  It wasn't a full K&R C, it didn't have float
or double types, and I think it didn't support struct's -- pretty
watered down C!
BTW, "BDS" stood for "Brain Damaged Software."

--
Chuck Noren
NET:     dinl!noren at ncar.ucar.edu
US-MAIL: Martin Marietta I&CS, MS XL8058, P.O. Box 1260,
         Denver, CO 80201-1260
Phone:   (303) 971-7930