How to link without stdio

Roy Smith roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
Wed Sep 26 02:13:00 AEST 1990

	I have a program that used to use stdio, but I've converted to use
my own io package, which is very similar to stdio.  Mostly changing from
one to the other involved changing "getc", "fopen", etc to "rfgetc",
"rfopen", etc, everyplace they occurred.  To make sure I got all of them,
what I'd like to do is force the linker to ignore any stdio routines in
/lib/libc.a; that way, if there are any stdio calls left that I missed,
they will show up as link errors.  Any way to do this, other than
rebuilding libc.a from scratch, which seems impractical.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"