TRUE and FALSE

John C. Lusth jcl at bdrc.bd.com
Sat Sep 8 01:26:59 AEST 1990

Rahul Dhesi writes:
<When I find somebody who really, really, really wants to define TRUE
<and FALSE, even somebody who uses them for assignment only, I recommend
<the following defines instead:
<
<     #define ZERO   0
<     #define ONE    1
<
<These are so much more clear than TRUE and FALSE, and if you use
<them in a test, you know exactly what you're testing!

Concerning the various disparaging remarks about the stupidity
of the above defines:

Jeez, guys, don't you know sarcasm when you see it?  Defining
TRUE and FALSE in C is just about as stupid as defining ZERO and ONE.

john
John C. Lusth, Becton Dickinson Research Center, RTP, NC, jcl at bdrc.bd.com