Usage of goto's

Andrew Koenig ark at alice.UUCP
Sun Sep 30 05:47:47 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep28.121230.17767 at NCoast.ORG>, ramsey at NCoast.ORG (Cedric Ramsey) writes:

> Hello once again peoplekind. I have a question about goto's. We all
> know that there usage is taboo in any language but what better way
> do we have to implement finite state machines. A switch statement ?

Please, please, please -- before saying anything about this, go read

	D. E. Knuth:  Structured Programming with Goto Statements

	ACM Computing Surveys, January 1974 (I think)

Almost everything you're thinking about saying has been covered there.
Let's not rehash the whole discussion again.
--
				--Andrew Koenig
				  ark at europa.att.com