Seven Original Sins of K&R (Long)

Roy Smith roy at phri.nyu.edu
Sat Sep 29 05:54:24 AEST 1990

henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
> Roy, apart from not being a compile-time value, which limits its use,
> this is exactly and precisely equivalent to
> #define	NULL	0
> Might one ask what you are trying to accomplish with it?

	One might, but it probably wouldn't do much good at this point.  As
somebody pointed out to me in email, the first rule of holes is that when
you're in one, you should stop digging.  Suffice it to say it was a
half-baked idea and I wish I hadn't brought it up in the first place.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"