User input library?

Ben Knox sys0001 at dircon.uucp
Tue Sep 11 19:20:57 AEST 1990

Does anyone know of the existance of a PD library/set of functions for
handling command-line input from a user. Functions I'm looking for
would need to do things like:

	break up command lines into the command itself, options,
		modifiers and other words
	parse lists of numbers (including ranges)
	handling some editing of user input as it is typed in
	and any other useful functions for handling input

I'd like to have a single library which can be included in any
programs I write, to provide a standard command interface with
standard features (such as editing the current line etc).

This would be interfaced to my own programs through a set of
'standard' function calls, used whenever user input is to be handled.

(It will be used under UNIX.)

If anyone has such a collection of routines, I'd like to hear from them.

Please mail me before sending them, so I can avoid receiving loads of
duplicates.

Thank you!
sys0001 at dircon.UUCP   or   sys0001%dircon at ukc.ac.uk