How can I send the null character to the printer?

Brian Myers bmyers at garnet.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 22 11:29:47 AEST 1990

In order to define some downloadable characters for my dot matrix printer,
I have to send it a series of character values encoding the bit patterns
for the new characters.  Some of those encoded values are zero.  Of course
if I send a string like "\x00\x20\xF3" to stdprn with a function like
fputs, nothing gets sent, because the first \x00 is interpreted as the
end of the string.  Do I need to do a direct bios call (bios_printer)?
I can certainly manage that, but I just wondered if I was missing some
more obvious solution within the more standard C functions...

Brian Myers					 bmyers at garnet.berkeley.edu