Functions returning Error codes or actual info

Steve Friedl friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US
Wed Sep 19 12:49:48 AEST 1990

Larry Campbell first mentions the exception handling facility that
he has been working on, and then says:

> In the meantime, an approach very similar to ours is described in
> a research report available from the DEC Systems Research Center:
>
> *************** SRC Research Report #40
> Date: March 21, 1989
>
>     "Implementing Exceptions in C."
>     Eric S. Roberts.
>     13 pages.

DEC SRC will provide these reports for the asking (at least they
did two years ago when I requested and received Leslie Lamport's
excellent paper on a fast mutual exclusion algorithm)

The address I last used was:

	Report Distribution Desk
	DEC/SRC Reading Room, Mailstop UCT
	130 Lytton Avenue
	Palo Alto, CA  94301  USA

A big fat sloppy thank you to Digital for providing this very
nice service.  Thanks too to Larry for posting the abstract.

     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / I speak for me only / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561  / friedl at mtndew.Tustin.CA.US  / {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

Jesse Helms for U.S. Supreme Court Justice