Define a linked list of a linked list

The Phantom Countertenor rmj at tcom.stc.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 22:12:38 AEST 1990

In article <13821 at hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes at prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:
}The problem: I'm not quite sure how to handle a linked list of a linked list.
}Structure :  First member 4 char header, successive members 6 char data and
}               1 char flag.
}
}struct inner {
}  char data[7];
}  char flag;
}  struct inner *next;
}  };
}typedef struct inner INNR;
}typedef INNR *PT_INNR;
}
}struct outer {
}  char header[5];
}  struct INNR;               <- not sure about this declaration. Use pointer?
}  struct outer *next;
}  };
}typedef struct outer OUTR;
}typedef OUTR *PT_OUTR;
}
}Are there any dangers involved with this setup?  Advice would be appreciated...

This looks fine to me. I would be inclined to use a pointer in the
struct outer declaration, but the only pressing reason for doing so is
if you think you may get a situation of having a header with no data
attached (using a NULL pointer as meaning no more data hanging off here,
as usual.
--
* Windsinger                 * "But soft, what light through yonder
* rmj at islay.tcom.stc.co.uk   *      airlock breaks?"