C code wanted for accessing dbase files

Neil Weisenfeld weisen at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 6 06:41:19 AEST 1990

In article <84.26e01170 at wanda.waiariki.ac.nz>, hendricp at wanda (Peter Hendricks) writes:
>A colleague is looking for C routines to access DBase III+ files.
>If anyone knows of such routines, commercial or otherwise, please
>email me.  I will summarise, if there is enough interest.
>
>He's looking at writing a commercial program, so I think he'd be quite
>happy to spend some of his employer's money for useful stuff.
>
>Thanks,        Peter

We've used a product called Code Base 4 from Sequiter Software. (for the
IBM PC).  I've only used the windowing functions that came with the package
and they were terrible.  The indexing functions do, however, let you work
directly with files in DBASE format.  Supposedly they've re-written the
entire product to perform much better.  Who knows?

Neil