Leap Year Checker...even more to it

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Sun Sep 30 16:47:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep30.013852.8764 at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> cak3g at astsun9.astro.Virginia.EDU (Colin Klipsch) writes:
>   if (year%4000 == 0) return FALSE;
>With the addition of the divisible-by-4000 condition, the Gregorian
>calendar is now accurate to one day in 20,000 years...

My recollection is that the leap-millenium rule has never been formally
adopted by religious or political authorities, so it is *not* part of
the Gregorian calendar at this time.  (We've got a little while left
before we need a decision, after all... :-))
--
Imagine life with OS/360 the standard  | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
operating system.  Now think about X.  |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry