TRUE and FALSE

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amull at Morgan.COM
Thu Sep 13 11:55:19 AEST 1990

In article <MCDANIEL.90Sep11124417 at dolphin.adi.com>, mcdaniel at adi.com (Tim McDaniel) writes:
| Ye gods, folks, get a clue!
|
| george at hls0.hls.oz (George Turczynski) writes:
|
|    Don't think for one second that I would entertain the idea of using
|    these macros!  Felix Lee posted his set, some of which expanded to
|    200,000++ characters.  Thinking this was ridiculous, and that I
|    might save some people wasting too much of their time, I posted the
|    same (but improved) macro set, that didn't waste so much space.
|
| Felix Lee was indeed being ridiculous -- deliberately.  It is called
| "satire", a subclass of the class "joke".  Specifically, he was
| "making fun" of the whole TRUE/FALSE definition topic.  Trying to
| "optimize" those macros was itself a complete waste of time.

I don't think so. I think I could get them to expand to a Meg if I
thought about it...one of the funniest guys I ever knew was Steve
Pomerance, who had perfected the technique (which I still call
Pomerancing) of pretending to completely miss the point of your joke
until after you had explained it at least three different ways.
You should meet him.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt

| NOTE: THESE WERE ALSO "JOKES"