C common practice. (was: low level optimization)

Jeff Edelen jedelen at slate.mines.colorado.edu
Thu Apr 25 06:27:52 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr24.155719.10182 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <22354 at lanl.gov> jlg at cochiti.lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>>On the contrary.  Putting each C procedure into a separate file _is_
>>common practice.  It is promoted as "good" style by C gurus...
>
>Jim, you've gone round the bend.  Either cite references for this or shut up.

Based on the complete text of Jim's article, I doubt he meant what I'm about
to propose, but...

If you regard a "procedure" as a _collection_ of functions to perform a
given task, his statement makes sense.  Of course, this observation can
at best give rise to bickering about terminology, but we see so very
little of that around here as it is :-)

-jeff