Lisp Eval in C or C++

Don Libes libes at cme.nist.gov
Tue Apr 9 16:32:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr4.182329.5513 at searchtech.com> belinda at searchtech.com (Belinda Hoshstrasser) writes:
>Basically, what we need is something
>that can evaluate constraints -- something similar to eval in Lisp.  Has
>anyone out there ever implemented eval in C or C++?  Is there public domain
>code to do this?  If not, we would appreciate any advice or experiences from
>anyone who has had face a similar problem.

We've used Tcl in a number of projects as a quick way of getting
dynamic expression evaluation in C programs.

It's public-domain, portable to SV and BSD, well-documented, and easy
to use and extend.  In only 45k, it doesn't do everything (scoping and
data structures are fairly unsophisticated) but since I began using
it, I've dramatically cut down on my yacc/lex usage.

Don Libes          libes at cme.nist.gov      ...!uunet!cme-durer!libes