Help: VAX C problem

Stan Brown browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
Tue Apr 2 03:02:35 AEST 1991

[attribution suppressed so as not to embarrass anyone]
> I think something like: return( convblock);
> will do the trick.

I bet if you stopped 100 C programmers, more than 50 of 'em would tell
you that parentheses are part of the return statement, just like if,
while, do, and for.  They're not.

I don't want to start another religious war (the one on EQU or == is
enough excitement for me), but since the ( ) don't add anything to a
return statement I'd suggest leaving them out.

My opinions are mine:  I don't speak for any other person or company.
                   email (until 91/4/30): browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, USA    +1 216 371 0043