Zero/nil/NULL/NUL/0/...

Nathan Torkington gnat at kauri.vuw.ac.nz
Sat Apr 20 16:37:21 AEST 1991

I have read the FAQ and this doesn't seem to be what I'm after.  What I
am looking for is an explicit list of things which 0 (zero decimal, zero
octal, zero hexadecimal, etc) stand for.  So far I have :
  -> The number zero (in any base)
  -> The unused pointer (in some machines)
  -> The null character (ASCII, etc)
  -> End of file (EOF)
  -> Not true (FALSE)

Nat.
--
Nathan Torkington                           Contracting to CSC,
Internet: gnat at kauri.vuw.ac.nz              Victoria University Of Wellington,

RAMSGATE (n.)  All institutional buildings must, by law, contain at least
twenty ramsgates.  These are doors which open the opposite way to the one you
expect.
                 - "The Meaning Of Liff" by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd