Compiler gen'd depends (was: nested includes)

Dave Corcoran dave at aspect.UUCP
Thu Apr 25 11:43:14 AEST 1991

In article <9734 at star.cs.vu.nl>, geels at cs.vu.nl (Arnold Geels) writes:
> john at iastate.edu (Hascall John Paul) writes:
> >   For those with Ultrix, you may want to check out the undocumented
> >(in my old docs anyhow) option "-Em", as in this simple-minded example:
> >
> Gcc and cc (Sun) both have a documented -M flag that tells the compiler to
> generate makefile dependencies. Gcc also has the -MM flag (exclude system
> header files).

Sun make also has a target name ".KEEP_STATE:" which when found in your
makefile will interrogate the compliler for dependencies and keep them
hidden from view in a file named ".make.state"; tis very nice.
--
David Corcoran		      -@@
uunet!aspect!dave	        ~