When do you use "if ( a = b )"?

Mark William Hopkins markh at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Mon Apr 1 12:25:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar30.155003.5775 at cc.helsinki.fi> wirzenius at cc.helsinki.fi (Lars Wirzenius) writes:
>Of course you could, except if might not work, as EQU might mean
>something else inside a string, for instance. You can't even use the
>preprocessor, since that would expand everything else as well.

Come on people.  You're discussing a non-essential problem.  If you don't like
somebody else's macros, then just filter it out with the macro preprocessor on
your system.  If you don't have one write it yourself.  Scanners and
preprocessors are trivial to write.

I use my own scanner-based program to alter variable names and macros in other
peoples' source all the time.  It's nothing.