8-bit characters

Julian Anigbogu anigbogu at loria.crin.fr
Tue Apr 16 20:47:34 AEST 1991

Hi C-Gurus. I was wondering if anybody has written C-code that display
8-bit characters (like the extended ascii for the pc). I want to be
able to display french accented characters on a Sun console but the
regular ascii code doesn't allow this. I know that this is possible
with version 18.57 of emacs (at least it says so) but I don't access
to the code so I don't know how it's done.

Could some kind soul bail me out. I know it interests the Nordic
countries a lot because it was somebody from sweden that added that
functionality (and by the way 8-bit printing capability to Tcsh also
[Johan Widen SICS Sweden no email address]).

Julian