compiling VAX C with & w/o nooptimize

Brendan Kehoe brendan at cs.widener.edu
Tue Apr 16 05:08:06 AEST 1991

In <16550 at chaph.usc.edu>, sgee at sal-sun4.usc.edu writes:
>     and for some reason or other, if i do not compile
>     my server end with the option "nooptimize", the
>     s/w does not successfully create the network object
>     on the server node.

   I seem to remember reading somewhere (the Emacs build?) that the
   optimizer for the Vax C compiler's broken (not sure if it's been
   fixed in the recent update or not); to avoid the problems, do:
		CC/OPTIMIZE=NOINLINE
   Give that a try & see if it works.

Brendan

     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan at cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone
      "Does this person look relaxed to you?  Well, it's actually an
              experiment of Contour's new 565-E chair!"