low level optimization

Jim Giles jlg at cochiti.lanl.gov
Tue Apr 30 02:06:39 AEST 1991

In article <4037 at bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU>, mmcg at bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU (Mike McGaughey) writes:
|> [...]
|> Even with full MIPS IM optimisation, compilation order is independent
|> (it creates .u files; if you apply their .u-to-symbolic translator to
|> them, you'll find that they look suspiciously like RTL).

Oh.  Sorry (this will surprise thos who claim that I never admit to
being wrong).  As I said, I don't have access to MIPS.  The capability,
as it was described to me, made no mention of .u files and, in fact,
claimed that the compiler did the IM analysis.  If it is done by a
post-translation tool, then it _is_ standard conforming.

J. Giles