C coding style rules ?

andrew belk belk at cernvax.cern.ch
Mon Apr 29 19:51:27 AEST 1991

Hi. Does anyone have an example of a set of programming style rules
(nominally for C) intended to improve the structure and general modularity
of programs ?

I mean something like:

 o When to use global variables and why avoid them;
 o What to put in #include files;
 o What comments to include in the header comments to a function;
 o etc.

Provided the files aren't too large (less than one or two thousand lines)
it is probably best to mail me directly. If a sufficient number of other
people express an interest I will pick the "best set" by some random
criterion and post it.

Many thanks in advance,
			 Andy Belk  CERN/SL
--