C common practice.

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Wed Apr 24 17:19:02 AEST 1991

In article <22354 at lanl.gov> jlg at cochiti.lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
-On the contrary.  Putting each C procedure into a separate file _is_
-common practice.  It is promoted as "good" style by C gurus.  Skilled
-C programmers recommend it - they don't avoid it or condemn it.

Gee, thanks for telling me what C gurus recommend.

-If the loaders on UNIX machines were modified to load only those
-procedures which were actually called, then I would not hesitate
-to recommend combining procedures into common files whenever
-possible.

Oh, so THAT's what you mean by "C guru" and "skilled C programmer":
yourself.  I was wondering.