Borland C++

John Doug Smith jodsmith at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
Tue Apr 30 10:20:20 AEST 1991

	I would like to thank all the people who responded to the first post.
I have since tried to  copy the disks from the second set to make backups and
install on my machine.  First my machine:
		IBM (yea thats right an IBM!!)
		PS/2 model 30 (8086 CPU) at 8 Mhz.
		8087 math co-processor
		640K RAM
		Paradise Professional VGA card
		IBM 8513 color monitor
		20 meg. HD
		1 720K 3.5 inch floppy drive
		external Hayes V series smartmodem 9600
		IBM proprinter XL
		Microsoft mouse

	The machine is my mothers but I am a student so, Hey I'm on a
budget.  I have been using Borland C and Pascal for a long time, and quite
happy with all of them.  This is the first time I have had any trouble with
any of the products.

	I find it hard to beleive that they have sent out 2 bad sets of disks
especially to the same person.  I have run other test on my machine and they
all worked fine.  I can even copy the other disks in the set but not the
first one.  I thought about crossing the 2 sets, using the first disk from the
second set and the 9th disk from the second set.  but the Borland rep said
not to do that.
	Tell me if I am doing this right:
			c:> diskcopy a: b:
			this should copy  disk 1 (drive a:) to disk 2 (drive a:)

	Also How much total disk space on the hard drive does it take up
fully installed.

P.S.  I also tried 'copy a:*.* b:*.*' it also did not work.
"This?!?  This is yet another in a long series of diversions to avoid
responsibility."      --Kris Knight--
jodsmith at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu