CRC-16 source code wanted

Ed de Moel Demoel at Fwva.Saic.Com
Thu Apr 25 01:51:53 AEST 1991

vg at sjoki.uta.fi (Vesa Gynther) writes:
>I remember seeing a code fragment in SEA ARC v. 5.12 source code, which was
>used to calculate 16 bit CRC's.  The hard part is - I don't remember where
>I found that source code.  Probably you'll find it in some well equipped
>anon ftp site (simtel20 ?) =-)

I've seen the code posted on this mailgroup. What I am looking for
is a reference to the standard that defines it.
I know the algorithm and have code that executes it.
Anyone out there who knows the name of the standard? As far as
my knowledge goes, it must be a CCITT standard, but what is the
number?

Thanks in advance,
Ed