Returning a pointer to a function

Stan Brown browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
Tue Apr 2 01:40:04 AEST 1991

In article <15635 at smoke.brl.mil>, gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
> In article <4032.27f30e01 at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com> browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (Stan Brown) writes:
>>In article <1991Mar25.205433.9958 at swsrv1.uucp>, ta at swsrv1.uucp (Tom Armistead) writes:
>>> There is a program called cdecl in the Unix archives that you need to get. It
>>Anything for those of us with no Unix access?  (MS-DOS and VAX/VMS)
>
> Yeah -- you can find the source in K&R2 (5.12) for a simpler similar
> program, and with a modest amount of work you should be able to fill
> in the gaps.  Or, you could adapt the "cdecl" sources; there shouldn't
> be any real dependencies on UNIX in that program.

Sigh!

If the archives were plain-text source code it wouldn't be a problem.
But Unix executables won't run on MS-DOS or VAX/VMS as far as I know.
And programs in source code that have been tar'd or z'd or whatever
require Unix-based utilities to unpack them.

My opinions are mine:  I don't speak for any other person or company.
                   email (until 91/4/30): browns at iccgcc.decnet.ab.com
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, USA    +1 216 371 0043