Portability Issues

Lak-Ming Lam ming at plxsun.uucp
Wed Apr 24 05:48:36 AEST 1991

I would like to develop program which can be portable to different system
(e.g. PC/MS-DOS, UNIX, Mac OS, etc.).  I would like to have anyone of you
help me on the following issues:

o	what need to be aware of (e.g. word size, byte order, etc.)
o	how to use one set of source code to support different systems
	(using #if MSDOS etc. or some other ways)
o	information that are already available on this issus
	(e.g. Usenet postings, technical papers, books, etc.)
o	example source code for applications which can run on different
	systems