Floating point format conversion?

Blake Holman exubho at exud1.ericsson.se
Fri Apr 26 06:31:21 AEST 1991

Hi,

I have a data file which was written using Micrsoft binary format for
floating point numbers.  On a PC this is not a problem because the
microsoft C libraries have a function to convert the MSC binary format
to IEEE binary format.

I am looking for a function to perform this same function on a Sun
workstation running SunOS 4.1.1.  Does anyone have the source code
for this type of function or know the algorithm for such a conversion?

Please e-mail responses and I will summarize.

Thanks in advance.

Blake Holman
Ericsson Network Systems, Inc.
Richardson, Texas