Need help with quoting and the CPP

Brett Bergquist bergquis at nms.gdc.portal.com
Mon Apr 22 08:22:54 AEST 1991

Is there any way to expand an argument to a macro and at the same time
surround it with quotes (making is a quoted string).  For example if
STRING is defined as:

#define STRING test string

Is there any way to define a macro "QUOTE" so that:

char* s = QUOTE(STRING);

while produce:

char *s = "test string";

The reason that I need this is that the *%$# ESQL preprocessor that I am
using needs table names unquoted, by my C applications need them quoted.

I'm using SunOS 4.1.1's CPP.

Thanks in advance.

--
Brett M. Bergquist, Principal Engineer | "Remind me" ... "to write an
General DataComm, Inc.,                | "article on the compulsive reading