low level optimization

Jim Giles jlg at cochiti.lanl.gov
Wed Apr 24 07:58:14 AEST 1991

bhoughto at hopi.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:

> [...]                              How good would it be
> to understand finally that we've been telling the truth
> for three days when we say it is most definitely NOT
> dependent on the source language?

Please hurry up and contact the X3J11 committee with this news!
They have a subcommittee (the Numerical C Extensions Group - NCEG)
who are wasting all sorts of time trying to correct this aliasing
problem that C has.  Since you _know_ it's not a problem, they are
obviously all idiots.  You should hurry to set them straight.

Whoops!  Forgot to mention: NCEG is also affiliated with WG14 (the
ISO C working group).  So you better set those guys straight too.

(It couldn't be that these people know something that Blair Houghton
doesn't?  Nah - no chance.)

J. Giles