C common practice. (was: low level optimization)

PRIV Account jockc at hammer.idsila.com
Tue Apr 30 04:14:05 AEST 1991

In article <22649 at lanl.gov> jlg at cochiti.lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>I don't maintain that keeping code in separate file is necessarily
>bad or good.  But to pretend that it is not common practice is to
>ignore reality.  This common practice may in (the near) future result
>in less efficient code because of missed optimization.

My 2 cents.  I have never separated code to this degree (1 function
per file), nor have I ever known anyone who did it, nor have I ever seen
any packages from the net (or anywhere else) that do it.

I breakdown source into files containing related functions, ie,
routines for painting screens in a file, file io stuff in a file,
ipc junk in a file, etc.

jockc at hammer.idsila.com