making characters disappear

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Sat Feb 23 12:47:00 AEST 1991

news at to.rushpc (Usenet news administrator [who knows???]) writes:
> tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
> >james at castle.ed.ac.uk (J Gillespie) writes:
> >:>Does anyone know of a way to prevent characters being echoed...
> >This is *not* a C-related question.  It's an OS-related question,...
> Seems like a perfectly legitimate subject for this news group to me but,
> let me have it if I'm wrong...

1.  We can't "let you have it" if you're wrong, because your news system is
putting out such badly-broken headers that there's no way to reply to you.

2.  It's not a good subject for the C language group because the answer
isn't related to C, just as Christiansen said.  It depends on the OS.
Why would you think that language-independent, OS-dependent questions
should be asked in an OS-independent language-specific newsgroup???
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...But is it art?