DS != SS in Turbo C 2.0

John D. Mitchell johnm at cory.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Feb 8 02:10:47 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb7.105811.17817 at computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk> rhl at computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Robert Hartill) writes:
>I want to use Turbo C's small memory model to write Interrupt Service Routines
>for an operating system..

>Since the ISRs are to use tasks stack space, their DS and SS are going to be
> different, but TC assumes their the same. I want the ISRs to access kernel
> data via DS (which never changes), so changing DS to SS inside the ISR isn't
> good enough.
[...deleted...]
>What I need is a compier option *SS!=DS*, which is found on other compilers...

Upgrade to TC++ v1.0x (current version, akz TC v3.0x).  The compiler now
supports some switches so you can expressly request SS == or != DS.  Since
you can do this on a module by module basis none of you other code need be
screwed (oops sorry about that technical terminology :-).

Good luck,
	John
	johnm at cory.Berkeley.EDU