Induction variable type / vc on Convex

James Davies jrbd at craycos.com
Sat Feb 23 08:11:40 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb22.172142.16426 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald at aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) writes:

>In article <1946 at ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl> boogaard at ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Martin vdBoogaard) writes:
>>I use the Convex vectorizing C compiler vc (version 3.0) with -O2
>
>This is a  *****VERY****** machine specific thing!!!
>
>DO NOT POST IT HERE!!!

Personally, I'm getting tired of the continual complaining about inappropriate
posting.  Maybe we need a *daily* VVFAQ posting (very very FAQ) with a few
lines, something like this:

------------ suggested daily posting ---------------
If you aren't a regular reader of comp.lang.c, or you aren't
sure if your question is appropriate, get the FAQ from <whereever>
and read it first.

If your question isn't about the C language, but about a specific
system or compiler, please post to the system-specific newsgroup
(comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer, comp.sys.convex, etc.)

If you think someone else isn't following these guidelines, please
don't *post* your response to them.  Send them email instead.

Thank you for your cooperation.