Curses C Language Functions

Piet Tutelaers rcpt at rw7.urc.tue.nl
Sat Feb 2 01:44:52 AEST 1991

zqadata at dcrlg3 (QA Special) writes:

>I am looking for a good basic text or other instructional material
>regarding the C languge functions called "curses".  Any suggestions?
>Jerry Guerin, DLA, DCMAO El Segundo, CA.

(I could not reply to your private E-mail address, so here is a public
answer.)

You don't find the original description of curses from Kenneth Arnold
good enough? In may UNIX books this tutorial is included. It provides the
examples life.c and twinkle.c. If you have problems with finding this
article I can send you the troff sources (you will need troff and vgrind to
typeset it) or a plain ASCII version. Although curses is not PD the
documentation and sources may be redistributed with some restrictions.

--Piet

uucp:   rcpt at urc.tue.nl       | Piet Tutelaers        Room  RC 1.90
bitnet: rcpt at heithe5.BITNET   | Eindhoven University of  Technology
phone:  +31 (0)40 474541      | P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, NL