ANSI C Grammar

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Fri Feb 22 18:01:40 AEST 1991

  If you are new to this group, then you should read the monthly Frequently
Asked Questions posting before posting any questions.

  In particular, your question about a C grammar is question 89 of the FAQ
posting, and it is answered in that posting.  I've included the question and
answer below.

  If the posting has expired at your site, feel free to send me E-mail and
send it to you, or wait until the first of the month, when it should be posted
again.

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace

89. Where can I get a YACC grammar for C?

A:  The definitive grammar is of course the one in the ANSI standard.
    Several copies are floating around; keep your eyes open.  There is
    one on uunet.uu.net (192.48.96.2) in net.sources/ansi.c.grammar.Z .
    FSF's GNU C compiler contains a grammar, as does the appendix to
    K&R II.