D-type and I-type (was: Teaching in abstract terms)

Dan Bernstein brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu
Fri Feb 22 09:15:27 AEST 1991

In article <1175 at TALOS.UUCP> jerry at TALOS.UUCP (Jerry Gitomer) writes:
> :My observation is that the majority (80-90%) of persons are I-type.
> I could very well be wrong, but I think that most programmers are
> D-type.

Look, this argument is silly. If you spend some time on examples and
then present the general concepts, everyone will be happy, though if
there are indeed any ``D-type'' people then they won't get anything out
of the examples. If you *don't* present examples, you'll be screwing
over all ``I-type'' people. So use examples.

This discussion is no longer relevant to C.

---Dan