rm (remove) command

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sun Feb 17 10:55:03 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb16.192418.2361 at wpi.WPI.EDU> jhall at wpi.WPI.EDU (John Clinton Hall) writes:
>Where can I get the C source to rm (remove)?  Can I anon FTP it from somewhere?

This really isn't the proper newsgroup for such queries.
However, the simple answer is that on many systems the "rm" utility
amounts to little more than passing the arguments one at a time to
the remove() or unlink() library function.  Command-line options add
a bit of complication, but that's the general idea.
It is quite likely that the source code for the utilities on your
particular system are protected by nondisclure provisions in license
agreements between the provider and your institution.  For such
reasons, code like that is not normally available for anonymous FTP.
You may be able to find a public-domain implementation somewhere..