Julian date routines needed

Kelly J. Grant grantk at manta.NOSC.MIL
Sat Feb 16 10:15:49 AEST 1991

Howdy networld

About 100,000 years ago I had some Julian date routines (in dBASE) to
convert YY/MM/DD into a format suitable for math, and also to convert
back to normal dates.  We called these JULTOCAL and CALTOJUL.  I now
have a need for these algorithms for a UNIX program.  Would any of
you kind souls have these routines lying around in your book of tricks
[right next to your hanoi.c file maybe :-)]

I did grab the recent posted code to translate YY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS into
UNIX time format.  This code could be used, but I think a Julian routine
would be more elegant for my application.  Flame if you must, but that
is my opinion.

Muchos gracias in advance

Kelly
--
Kelly Grant        grantk at manta.nosc.mil   (619) 225-2508
Computer Sciences Corp          ^^^^^^^^ Important: manta.UUCP won't get to me