Can Novices Jump Directly in C? (Books)

Bob Angell bangell%peruvian.utah.edu at cs.utah.edu
Sat Feb 9 16:18:02 AEST 1991

I too am a rookie C programmer who used a variety of books.....(yes EVEN -C Through Design_ which I thought would be better used for the fire-place this winter)

K&R along with other texts have been very useful, however, the only real way to learn any language is to go at it slow and just start using it.  There will be times when you forget to open files, etc (C allows even the most stupid of things trick you into believing that they work).

If you stick to books like K & R, any from the waite group and even Microsoft Press (I am not affiliated with MS in any way!) they will help you the most as they have done the same for me.  Good luck!

-Bob-

uunet !peruvian.utah.edu!bangell
bangell at peruvian.utah.edu