OCR book, software & info. request (2nd post)

marwk at levels.sait.edu.au marwk at levels.sait.edu.au
Wed Feb 20 00:15:57 AEST 1991

Please inform me (and others) of information on the problem and methods
of solution to the problem of OCR recognition and processing.

The information is acceptable in the form of a book, code, or papers in
the literature that we can refer to.

At the moment all I have are 2 books on ROBOTICS which describe the elements
of vision systems:  edge linking, boundary detection, thresholding,
polygonal approximations, intensity histograms, Fourier descriptors,
moment invariants, etc., but not enough to really to get going.

I have just been told that neural nets are used in this area.

I will post useful information to the net.

Thank you very much.

Ray

--
University of South Australia   | Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
P.O. Box 1                      | Ghing thien me how, ming thien gung me how.