TC++: "floating point formats not linked"

Mark Harrison harrison at necssd.NEC.COM
Wed Feb 27 03:03:35 AEST 1991

In article <268 at nazgul.UUCP>, bright at nazgul.UUCP (Walter Bright) writes:

> In TC, the floating point library is only linked in if one of the OBJ files
> for the program contained a floating point operation.

> In ZTC, we use the opposite approach. Floating point is always linked in
> by default. If you don't need it, then compile with -mi or link in the
> INT.OBJ object module.

> I'm all ears if anyone has a suggestion on how to get the best of both
> by default.

Perhaps you could add some kind of informatory message at link time...

	"Linking floating point stuff, but don't see that you are
	 using any floating point in your program...  Use the -mi
	 option if you don't want floating point."

Of course, then you would need a linker option to suppress this
message :-(
--
Mark Harrison             harrison at necssd.NEC.COM
(214)518-5050             {necntc, cs.utexas.edu}!necssd!harrison