Complexity of reallocating storage

Dave Eisen dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU
Tue Feb 5 08:13:10 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb4.195805.16710 at ora.com> ambar at ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) writes:

>Since "anything that can go wrong will go wrong", it is a programmer's
>responsibility to deal with Murphy as gracefully as possible.  Dumping
>core is never graceful.

I disagree. There's a tradeoff between handling every single unlikely
error condition imaginable and getting my next project started. It's a
programmer's responsibility to figure out which error conditions merit
careful handling and which ones do not.

--
Dave Eisen                  "Une revolution qui demande que l'on se sacrifice
1447 N. Shoreline Blvd.       pour elle est une revolution a la papa."